What do I want to do to assess writing?
* I want it to be simple and manageable.
* There will be the times of school formal assessment and we are using e-asttle for that.
* Each conference will provide formative assessment, plus checking writer's notebooks will add to it.
* As the year progresses I will endeavour to use this assessment material to guide some of my teaching.
* Each time I start a new unit, if I have students write a before piece of writing, and check then on how they developed over the unit, with a piece of writing that is similar. Both these pieces of writing will be done without the aid of a teacher or peer, and have a time limit.
* Have students reflect on finished pieces of writing, with three or four questions to guide them with this.